The following services are provided by the University Admissions & Guidance Office:
• Individual student advising for university applications,
• Individual information sessions for alternative university options,
• Information and feedback related to career choices and personal interests, along with other internal and external assessments,
• Review of university applications, including personal statements and individual essays,
• Tracking of application process to ensure deadlines and timelines are being meet,
• Tracking of reference letters and additional documentation requirements for universities, colleges, and other post-secondary choices,
• Review of IB status, current assessments and end of semester status,
• Information related to various application processes for North American, European and Asian universities,
• Access to resources, texts and databases to provide guidance on issues related to universities including geographic setting, campus size, test scores and percentages of students accepted, types of universities and colleges, international demographics, tuition, scholarship availability and other related factors.
"The college fair, support with college applications and information on career opportunities are excellent." ISS Family Survey 2016
GRADE LEVEL SUPPORT AND ADVISING:
Students are supported in exploring personal interests and strengths, which need to be taken into consideration when making decisions about future academic, programme choices, as well as decisions regarding the studies at the university level.
Students are informed about the academic options available to them in 11th and 12th grade. They are supported in making informed decisions about the academic programmes most suited to their needs, interests, and abilities. To this end, the Morrisby career/interest assessment is administered to all 10th graders in the spring.
11TH AND 12TH GRADES
Students meet with the University Admissions Advisor to discuss interests, future plans, countries under consideration, gap-year opportunities, and available options. Students are supported in the selection of suitable universities and the subsequent application process. Various external assessments, such as SAT examinations, university admissions as well as the PSAT, are administered on site at times coordinated with the testing institutions (see our calendar for details of testing dates).
Graduates from the Classes of 2008-2020 have been offered admission to leading institutions worldwide. See our university list for details.
Click here for a copy of the ISS Academic Profile for 2020-2021.